Saturday, July 5, 2014

Time for the BDSM Blog Hop!


Today is the first day of the BDSM Blog Hop. A large group of writers have gotten together and decided to spend a week posting about their thoughts and feelings on the subject of BDSM, in order to counteract certain representations of this topic in popular literature (Fifty Shades anyone?).

The first two books in my M/M/M BDSM series The James Lucas Trilogy are representations of my interpretation of actual BDSM practices. I have spend a couple of years now getting involved in the local gay Leather and Kink community, talking to people and attending seminars, in order to gain a better understanding of this lifestyle. I certainly don't know everything. But what I do know is that most people who engage in kink and BDSM have pretty healthy psychological profiles. They are usually very sociable, communicative, openminded and honorable. There are exceptions, and these individuals should probably be avoided.

I felt the best way to show what I think of BDSM and the kink lifestyle would be to post a number of excerpts from my three novels; Beyond the Edge, The Cross and The Trinity, and Varieties of Religious Experience (Work-in-Progress).

Enjoy!

~ Liz

No comments: