Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Progress Report!

When I begin writing a novel, I always divide it into three parts. It helps immensely with story structure and also makes the goal of writing a full length novel seem more manageable.

I am so close to finishing Part One (i.e., the first 1/3rd) of Varieties of Religious Experience, I can taste it. It's been a crazy couple of months, what with The Cross and the Trinity being published, my book launch, and arranging for my books to make the trip to International Mr. Leather Weekend, so I've been struggling with maintaining my focus.

I'm also feeling a bit more fear with this book, apprehensive of not meeting peoples' expectations. I know exactly what I want to do with this one, and where I want to take the characters, but it probably won't be easy. There will be a major change in the dynamics of the relationship, brought about by unforeseen circumstances, that will challenge all three men to discover different parts of themselves and each other.

Writing this is going to be tricky and an exercise in faith that I can actually pull it off, lol.

I'm trying to put all of that out of my mind and just do the work - create a completed first draft that may (in fact, probably will) be flawed but fixable, and just plunge ahead with the story that I began almost three years ago.

Hearing from those of you who are enjoying my books for the first time, or finding The Cross and the Trinity an acceptable follow-up to Beyond the Edge, really helps me stay focused and keep moving forward.

So, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

~ Liz

No comments: