Thursday, March 13, 2014

Two Pre-Release Reviews for The Cross and the Trinity!


The Cross and the Trinity, sequel to my first M/M BDSM novel, Beyond the Edge, is slated for publication on Friday, March 28th.

I sent out a couple of ARCs (Advance Review Copies) to people I thought might like it.  I'm happy to say that it has received two very positive reviews!

The first is from Optimist King's Wench at the Prism Book Alliance.  She gave it 4 out of 5 stars and an excellent written review.  This is my favourite paragraph:

"The Cross and The Trinity struck me as a weightier read than Beyond The Edge. It looks at the fragility of life and there is even a bit of a philosophical bent. Don’t get me wrong, there is kinky sex galore-Ms. Lister can write some kinky sex like nobody’s business-and the fetish party sequence still makes my pupils dilate just thinking about it, but there is also depth and emotionality that moved me. I would categorize it much the same as its predecessor as a slice of life tale with infinitely relatable characters."


The second is from Jen at The Blogger Girls.  Jen told me she really enjoyed it and it is one of her favourite BDSM reads so far!  She gave it 5 out of 5 stars and a great written review.  I especially liked this comment:

"As for the BDSM scenes, I find them very well written and believable and just a pleasure to read.  If nothing else, I looked forward to this book for that reason alone with the rest being an added bonus.  They do take things a step further than last time with some fisting, but it is done in such a way that makes it more personal, as opposed to just something done in a scene."

I'm glad she mentioned the fisting scene, as I did some very thorough research on the subject. I'm pleased with the episode in the book and hope it conveys what I learned and experienced firsthand.


So excited for this book to come out!

~ Liz





No comments: