Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Modern Visionary

My friend Terry is currently in Berlin, Germany.  He met with a publisher about putting out a book of his images.  He realized, though, as soon as he walked into the publishing house, that he and his images didn't really belong there.

He has really become something unique and extraordinary.  I have offered to work with him in producing a book of his images with content from his blog: The Naked Man Project.  Because the images themselves, though stunningly beautiful and evocative, mean so much more when accompanied by Terry's own meditations and emotions.  I think that a book like this would be a wonderful tribute to the success of the project and I am so pleased to be a part of it.  I am sure we will be able to find a Canadian or American publisher willing to produce it.

Terry, here's to you and your journey and the self discovery that is its gift.  The thought of you roaming the streets of Berlin in your western gear makes me smile and laugh.  That is kick ass!

No comments: